There are two key enhancements to Digital Cookie this year: new troop link options and inventory tracking.
Similar to last season, Girl Scouts is offering your council the opportunity to make troop sales accessible to online customers via girlscouts.org.
When volunteers set up Troop Link sites, they can choose between two different links. These links will let your troop reach new customers in your local community and beyond.
- Troop Cookie Link: This link does it all! Customers can order Girl Scout Cookies® for local delivery by girls in your troop or have cookies shipped. The troop can also use this link to take preorders that allow customers to pre-pay and pick up at a troop designated location.
- Troop Shipped Only Link: Troops can use this link when selling outside of their delivery area in the community. Customers can purchase cookies that are shipped directly to a recipient or donated to your council’s cookie donation program and credited to troops.
For more information, check out FAQ’s and next steps from Girl Scouts®.
This season, look for the new My Cookies tab in Digital Cookie where girls and caregivers can track their inventory. Here are a few features they’ll want to get familiar with:
- My Offline Sales: This section will be updated by the Girl Scout or her caregiver when she delivers cookies and receives a cash or check payment for them. If they are not entered in this section, they will not be removed from her inventory, so this section is important to ensure her inventory is correct.
- Current Inventory: This section totals up Received cookie inventory the troop volunteer enters to show how many cookies the Girl Scout has received and signed for, and Delivered cookie inventory from the Offline Sales the girl or her caregiver has entered above.
- Pending Delivery/To Approve: This section will show how many cookies are needed to fill girl-delivery orders that have been approved and girl-delivery orders that have yet to be approved.
- Inventory Needed: This section will show if the Girl Scout needs any packages of cookies to fill all of the approved orders.
Look out for more updates from Girl Scouts® about this feature.